Friday, July 22, 2011

Myoma (Fibroid) Treatment

How is a myoma (fibroid) treated?

Treatment for fibroids begins with seeking medical care from your health care provider. To determine whether you have fibroids, your health care provider will ask you to undergo diagnostic testing.
Some women with fibroids never have any symptoms. When symptoms do occur, however, you may be asked to undergo a pelvic examination and an abdominal ultrasound to determine the size and location of the fibroid. If it is deemed medically necessary, such as when the fibroid continues to grow and you experience pain or abnormal bleeding, your health care provider will determine the most appropriate treatment for you based on your age and symptoms and the characteristics of the fibroids.


Fibroid treatment options

There are several treatment options for fibroids. Treatments depend upon the severity of symptoms, as well, as a woman’s age and desire for pregnancy. Options include:
  • Hormones to regulate the menstrual cycle or to reduce symptoms such as oral contraceptive pills
  • Hysterectomy (removal of the uterus)
  • Hysteroscopic removal of the uterine fibroids using a hysteroscope (instrument to visualize the endometrial cavity)
  • Intrauterine device to release progestin within uterus to stop bleeding and pain
  • Myomectomy (surgical removal of the fibroids)
  • Pain control medications, such as ibuprofen (Advil, Motrin) or acetaminophen (Tylenol)
  • Uterine artery embolization (procedure that interrupts the blood supply to fibroids)

2 comments:

  1. I got married to my lovely husband for the past 7 years without conceiving and fibroid was the issue, i took different prescribed medication but could not cure it but my husband was so confident in me and kept encouraging me that one day someone would call me mother, we did not rest searching for solution from different Doctors all they could say was surgery and i was afraid of that then a friend in my office introduced me to Dr.onokun who sent his product to me which i took and it really worked perfectly, and my Doc. confirmed me pregnant after 2 weeks of taken his product. You can contact him on email: Dronokunherbalcure@gmail.com or whats-app: +2349064844957

    ReplyDelete
  2. am excited to share this testimony, i was 3 years ago diagnosed of fibroid and complicated Endometriosis. My medical condition was heart broken because it was causing my menstrual cramps,bloating before menstrual periods,lower abdominal pressure which result to heavy periods. I was subjected to different medications by my doctor for treatment such as Coenzyme Q10,ibuprofen, Danazol and many more. Despite my visit to several doctors my health wasn't getting better, all they could say was surgery. At the verge of giving up, I went to the internet to search for a treatment at least. But I found a cure instead. In the internet, I read a testimony of a lady who had Fibroid. She shared an e-mail address of the Doctor. Luckily everything seemed to be okay after I took the Herbal Medicine. I wish I could say that’s the end of it because I haven't had any symptoms since then.
    Do not expose yourself to more danger, use a herbal remedy that is safe and effective. If interested contact him via email address drleetu99@gmail.com. or whatsapp Him +2348139747402

    ReplyDelete